Saturday, January 14, 2012

Waterstone's Apostrophe To Go

You have have read in the news today that the book retailer Waterstone's has decided that in the digital age an apostrophe is not needed and will rebrand all its stores in the coming months and become Waterstones. The Oxford store this afternoon still had the old branding up, and will do for a little time I have been told.
Online there has been a lot of chat about the removal of the apostrophe a lot of people feel it should stay, however Waterstones is saying it is moving with the digital age.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

On the subject of apostrophes..

"Its stores" not "it's stores" Percy.

Leeds daily photo said...

I can well understand where Waterstones are coming from with this change. When I upload images to my blog I have recently started to omit any apostrophe in the words.