Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Gamelan Music At St Anne's College

This evening in the grands of St Anne's College there was a free performance for an hour by the Oxford Gamelan Society. Having been to Bail a number of times, I was interested in popping along and listen to the Oxford Gamelan Society play, as soon as I saw the members sitting on the lawn I was transported back to Bali. I was surprised by the make up of the society, members, I was expecting to see more expat Indonesian's in the group. Had a very enjoyable hour in the sun on the lawn, Pete Smith who was running the show, told us about each piece before it was played which was interesting. Additional Photo's here.

4 comments:

Chrissy Brand said...

Great photo and fascinating post- bet it sounded good

Chrissy

wasntme said...

A lot of brit indeed :)

Leeds daily photo said...

I have a much played music CD of gamelan music. I would have loved to have caught this. Paul Leeds photography

Danny Yee said...

Aha! We meet again, though I didn't realise you were there or I'd have introduced myself.