Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Shying away from the tourists

The weather is getting better and the number of tourists in the city increases every day. I try to avoid them whenever I can, because somehow they often annoy me. Maybe because they slow me down when I'm in a hurry or just because they are having a holiday while I'm not. So what I try to do is use some shortcuts between major streets in central Oxford. One of them is Queen's Lane, which has some great views, as you can see at the picture above. Not a lot of tourists know this, so you can enjoy this view while walking in this historic street without facing legions of tourists. Now, I must admit that at the north-western end the lane continues as New College Lane. And that's where you can find the Bridge of Sighs, one of Oxford's most popular tourist sites. So in the end you will have your daily portion of tourists....

No comments: