Saturday, March 28, 2009

Basket Weaving Northmoor Trust

Today I was at the Northmoor Trust and spent the day on a very interesting one day course in Basket Weaving.  The Northmoor Trust is about 10miles from Oxford, this is the first photo posted to the blog that is outside my guidelines of all photo's being 5km of Carfax, but I had a very relaxing and enjoyable time that I decided it was worth bending the rules this once.  At the end of the day we all took home a small basket that we had made and learnt a new skill of Basket Weaving.  The only materials we used was the flexible part of the Willow Tree to make the basket, mine turned out a little odd looking, but I was happy with it over all, have a look here.

Tucker you missed out on a very interesting day, Natasha was great to meet you, and we will have to show Tucker how to weave one day.

1 comment:

Nancy at EmbroideryIt.com said...

I've never woven with willow, but your basket turned out very sweet.
Nancy
www.basketmasterweavings.blogspot.com