Tuesday, March 13, 2007

New Number Plate Year - GK07 XJT

In the UK you can tell the age of a car by the numbers on the number plate,. These numbers change in March and September each year, and as you can see this Mini is less than 12 days old as it has a 07 plate, the plates issued in September will have 57 on them. March and September are when the numbers change. The first two letters are tell you the registration area, so G is Kent and K is Maidstone, the 07 is the year and the other letters are just run off.

PS I collect numberplates, so if you have any spare, email me....

2 comments:

etnobofin said...

Wow, and here I was thinking that British number plates were pretty much randomly generated... I've learnt something today.

Nice blog, I'm enjoying the images of Oxford. Keep it up.

Unknown said...

Did you 'collect' mine from a few months back? If you're interested, see posts on June 8, July 4 & 29, and Jan 11. There might be a few more if you have a look.