Friday, September 23, 2011

New O'Neill's Has Opened Less The Live Music

I posted back in August that the very popular George Street pub O'Neill's had closed for refurbishment and was due to open on the 22nd of September. Well I am please to report that the refurbishment has be completed and it did reopen as advertised yesterday on the 22nd. During the refurbishment they have unfortunately in my opinion, removed a bit of the soul of this old place, it is now more of a restaurant than a pub, and from what I can see is no place for the live music. O'Neill's always had a great line up of cover bands playing on Thursdays, Friday and Saturday but I guess this will be no more.

1 comment:

Leeds daily photo said...

We have an O'Neills here in Leeds city centre I sometimes pop in for a pint and a bite to eat if I am in the city in the early evening. I guess this is the future of many of the places with character. Paul at Leeds in Yorkshire pictures