Sunday, June 19, 2011

Wolvercote Horticultural Society

Out and about around North Oxford today trying to get a few jobs done when I noticed that the Wolvercote Village Hall was very busy with people, so I decided to pop in and see what was happening. I was glad that I did as the Wolvercote Horticultural Society was having it's annual Summer display and competition. There was three long lines of tabled with all sorts of home cooking, flowers and photography on display with notes and comments next to most. The roses pictured here had a very unique and strong perfume, and was attracting a lot of attention. I was told that membership to the society is just £5 per year, and as a member you are entitled to discounts at a few local nurseries, which would cover your membership cost if you spend a little time in the garden. Congratulations to all who entered in to the competitions and helped make the displays.

1 comment:

Petrea Burchard said...

This reminds me of the country fairs in my home state of Illinois. Sweet!